We Keep It Fresh, Jersey Fresh
Treehouse, known for its attention to detail, grows all of its produce, coffee
& espresso beans, soy beans, and cocoa beans on the roof of their building.
We checked, and the climate is condusive for growing all year round. We also have
a small herd of girlie cattle up there for all of our milk & Half & Half.
We also have a goat, but he's just for giggles.
we have lost a couple cows over the edge of the building. So heads up when you
park out front. A falling cow can slightly damage your car.
cows were injured in the production of our milk. Just a bit stunned. Betsy is
still a bit shaken by her fall, and has sought cownseling. She thanks you for
***Disclaimer: This is not entirely true nor is it actually feasible in our South Jersey Climate. But here is what WE DO:
1. We host a CSA (ouryardsfarm.com) & purchase produce from local farms when available.
2. We offer local free range organic eggs as an option for our customers, along with organic pasteurized milk.
3. We compost some of our grinds to use in our small garden that does produce tasty veggies for the shop in season.
4. We make 98% of our baked goods with wholesome ingredients from scratch.
5. We purchase our coffee from local, organic and fair trade roasters.
6. We make many or our offerings from scratch with wholesome ingredients including mayonnaise, vegan mayonnaise, p-Butter, NJ Blueberry Jam, vegan cream cheese, black-bean burger, faux-sausage, Salsa & hummus.
7. We handcraft our Bagels that are AMAZING! We make gluten-free and vegan ones, too!
8. We do all we can to conserve resources, and are looking for new ways to better ourselves, the community, and the world around us. ~ And that's no joke!